This Privacy Notice sets out how The Little Murder Mystery Shop will process any personal data that we collect and receive from and about users of our website at www.littlemurdermysteryshop.co.uk and/or those subscribers to our newsletters.
We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes as outlined below:
· Personal Data collected directly from you through the check-out process: your name, postal address, phone number, email address or gender. Our legal basis for the collection and process of this data is the provision to you of the games purchased by you. It is also our legitimate interest in providing social media and marketing content that is of interest to our followers of social media.
· Personal Data collected automatically from the use by you of www.littlemurdermysteryshop.co.uk. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access/status/HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to be able to operate the site and provide you with access to the pages you wish to access
We will be as clear and open as we can with you regarding what personal data is collected and how it will be processed. You can be assured that we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures for as long as we maintain records of your personal data
Uses of your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following reasons.
· administration of your order (purchase confirmation and to email links to your download game).
· to contact you with marketing messages which you have requested or agreed to receive from us, for example via a branded newsletter.
· to contact you with surveys and feedback requests.
· to collect site statistics and analyse the purchase history of our customers and the way our customers use our website.
· to provide you with bespoke website content (for example to deliver your download game)
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, also places cookies on your computer, to enable Google to provide us with activity reports relating to the website. Google uses this data only to provide us with information on how users use the website and does not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. The information generated by Google cookies about your use of the platform (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. You may refuse these cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser or by downloading and installing a browser plug-in.
We will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the website, provide our services to you and administer your account.
We will share your Personal Data with social media sites to enable them to provide marketing messages that you have agreed to receive from them. The social media sites we share your Personal Data with as at the date of this Privacy Notice are:
Details of their privacy policies can be found on their respective websites.
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we currently use are the following:
Details of how Paypal collect and use your data can be found in their privacy notice on the Paypal website.
Duration of Storage
We will maintain records of your personal data for the statutory accounting period or as long as you remain:
· A registered subscriber to our mailing list
· A registered user of our website
You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. We will require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk. The Little Murder Mystery Shop is the Data Controller in respect of any personal data we collect or hold. If you want to know what information we hold about you or have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures. All devices are protected and accessible only to our authorised employees. We regularly review our security systems to ensure that your personal data remains safe and secure.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our business. All such changes will be posted to the website and if we consider it to be appropriate we will notify subscribers of any material changes by e-mail.